Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How to Balance Friends and Work

I have had a very wonderful and easy childhood. I did not have to walk to school, uphill both ways, in the snow, or have to work 18 hour days. However, there came a point when I turned 17 that I needed extra money, and therefore needed a job. It was so hard for me to try and picture a life that involved me working. I was so comfortable with hanging out every night with my friends and my boyfriend, that I couldn't even imagine having work take up that time, but it did, and this is how I handled it.

One:

I made sure my friends understood that I needed to work. My friends are the jealous type and so is my boyfriend, so before spreading out the time between them was even hard. Making sure having a talk with your friends is extremely important. My friends were really upset when I had to start working, many of them work too so finding times that we can all hang out together was really hard.

Two:

Make sure your schedule so you can spend important days with them. Before you go in for work make sure you have all the important days that you need to take off. Whether it be their birthday, large celebrations or holidays try and request that time off. I know it is hard to be pick when first getting a job, especially because you probably wont have priority over which hours or days you get

Three:

After you make you schedule and explain to your friends that this is something that you really need to do, all that is left is to have fun with it. If this is your first job you should so excited about entering the world of business. If you are not excited about working, it will definitely change when you pick up your first paycheck, it is the best feeling in the world. So good luck!


For those of you that liked reading this article, you might be interested in Carolinas new websites on Womens Clothes Online and Travel Clothes for Women

No comments:

Post a Comment