Monday, April 19, 2010

What does the Dressage Judge Want to see?

As a three day eventor the first day or dressage is the most important day. This gets you either a secure place in the standings for a ribbon at the end of the weekend, or a spot at the end where your hoping that someone has a horse that cant jump. I bought a horse that was a superstar at dressage, but I myself was not the most knowledgeable in the art of dressage. I did my research and found out how I could get higher scores on my dressage test, and these are the three steps I found to help me the most.

Step One:

Know your test! This seems extremely simple, but you would be surprised to find out that 1/5 people that enter a dressage ring forget their tests! Make sure you know your test back and forth, and can march in there with the confidence that you can ride this test, and ride it well. The judge can tell confidence by your posture, and the posture of even your horse.

Step Two:

Practice, practice, practice. I know this is cliche to say, but the more you do your test the more you will improve. Not only will you remember it, but your horse will know your test as well. Horses are very smart and will remember where they are suppose to go if the test has been practiced enough. It also gives you a chance to make sure you give yourself the confidence you need.

Step Three:

Having my mother there to watch me practice my test was such a help! If you do not have your trainer available at all times it really helps to find someone who can point out your posture and your position while riding your test. If you don't have someone to watch you, set up a video camera, or go to an arena with a mirror. This makes all the difference.





If you are interested in Panasonic Electric Shavers and
Remington Hair Clippers. Make sure and check out Lani's new websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment